Data privacy in the EU / Germany - where does the data go?

Payments, packages, business questions please ask here.

Data privacy in the EU / Germany - where does the data go?

Unread postby Tom » 27 Jan 2014, 18:36

Hi there,
I'm really interested in cleantalk, especially since I saw in the test phase that it works great.

Now I was digging a little deeper, and found out that regarding the german law (… I'm located in Germany) you are not allowed to send user data like the IP adress uncrypted. At least not outside Germany, I guess … (I'm still learning the exact laws.)
Now I saw that one of your servers is actually located in Germany.

Is there maybe the option to make sure that the data is only transferred there? Do you have any information or plans regarding the privacy policys that are in the EU?

I guess this is a really big issue, and I would like to know the exact facts before signing up for the service. (… maybe also some ready-to-copy texts fot the privacy policy that every website must have?)

Thanks,
Tom
Tom

Re: Data privacy in the EU / Germany - where does the data g

Unread postby shagimuratov » 28 Jan 2014, 04:19

Hello, Tom!

Can you please provide a URL privacy in Germany? We should dig this too.

At the moment you can use server URL: http://moderate4.cleantalk.ru to work with service only in Germany. But in the future I think we should switch all customers to SSL connections with servers.

You can find privacy policy in the page bellow, please see title "Privacy policy".

http://cleantalk.org/publicoffer

Thank you for questions and feedback, we will try provide legal service for EU customers!
WBR
Denis Shagimuratov
Project leader
shagimuratov
Administrator

Unread postby ackermann.online » 17 Aug 2017, 15:47

Hello Denis,

this post ist more than 2 years old now. I purchased pro allready and use your plugin while developing a big wordpress blog. To push your plugin through IT-Security from customer, we need details about how you process the commenters/visitors data:

- what data exaclty do you collect?
- to which physical location / country the comment / form data will be send to and stored?
- how long the data is stored?

Background: In Germany the storage of user data in foreign countries without anomyzing them is a big issue.

Thank you for sorting that out

Best Regards
Daniel
ackermann.online

Unread postby AMags » 18 Aug 2017, 08:08

Hello Daniel.

Thank you for your request.

- what data exaclty do you collect?
- how long the data is stored?

We collect the following information - IP, Email, Nickname sender of the message, information about the technology of JavaScript in the browser sender, comment text message sender. This information Service uses to detect spam activity of the sender and stores on the servers from 7 to 45 days.

- to which physical location / country the comment / form data is send?

We have servers in U.S. and in the Europe. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in Privacy Policy.

You can find privacy policy in the page bellow, please see title "Privacy policy".

http://cleantalk.org/publicoffer

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Best regards.
Technical Support
https://CleanTalk.org — Anti-Spam Modules for all CMS
AMags

Return to Service support