ATTENTION! You have to update MOD only by uninstall - install steps!
1. Uninstall via Automod current MOD version.
2. Download latest MOD version.
3. Install MOD via Automod.
4. In ACP enter the key: Administration Control Panel -> MODS -> CleanTalk -> Settings
5. Do dummy registration with email "email@example.com". You should get reject notice by the MOD.
After update I have ct_mail() error issue
The issue like bellow happens if you update plugin without uninstalling the previous version.
To resolve issue follow this,
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ct_error_mail() (previously declared in PHPBB_ROOT/includes/cleantalk.php:34) in PHPBB_ROOT/includes/cleantalk.php on line 67
1. Download and extract previous CleanTalk MOD (which was before the update),
2. Open in any browser install.xml.
3. Go to includes/ucp/ucp_register.php instructions inside install.xml.
4. Open to edit file PHPBB_ROOT/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php.
5. Remove patches as described in install.xml (there are described how to apply patches, but you should remove, not apply).
6. Do dummy registration with any valid email. You should not get any phpBB3 or MOD errors.
7. Repeat steps 3-5 for PHPBB_ROOT/posting.php.