Add ON Theme

Anti-spam mod for SMF.
TCrowe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Add ON Theme

Unread post by TCrowe » 05 Mar 2015, 18:07

I have a custom theme working on my SMF forum. Yesterday I installed CleanTalk (which works wonderfully I might add). I followed your directions and it is there but I have not yet activated it. I read some post here concerning problems with CT rejecting all new registrants due to a double line error in the php because of the install. I wanted to be safe with my activation and am wondering what to look for when I activate it. The main reason I need to find out is that I am no coder or programmer. The post I read mentioned opening the plugin code in an editor to find the double line in the code from that particular install. I don't even know what editor I would use if this type of error occurred during activation. Out of an abundance of caution I am asking here what to watch for when I activate the plugin. As far as I know the custom theme made little or no change to the SMF core so there should be no problems. I tend to ask before jumping into the water to make sure there are no unseen rocks where I'm jumping. Thank you for the software. The premium price was inexpensive compared to the job it does with spam on my WordPress installations. I'm loving it. No Captcha, just members.

shagimuratov
Administrator

Re: Add ON Theme

Unread post by shagimuratov » 06 Mar 2015, 06:29

Hi,

thank you for feedback and contacting us!

The problem with double code was for old versions, so if you are going to use last version 1.21 you shouldn't catch double lines issue.

Any way, to valid setup follow this.

1. Activate exenstion.
2. Submit dummy registration with email 'stop_email@example.com'. You should get message like bellow,

Code: Select all

*** Forbidden. Sender blacklisted. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***
If you got exactly same message the plugin installed well and ready to use.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
WBR
Denis Shagimuratov
Project leader

TCrowe

Unread post by TCrowe » 06 Mar 2015, 21:55

Thank you for the reply. Now that I know where I can get help if needed I will go ahead and activate the plugin. TCrowe

TCrowe

Unread post by TCrowe » 06 Mar 2015, 23:30

I tried registration twice. I used stop_email@email.com and a phony pass wrod and both times it got the registration. I was using the admin. role when I did so. I don't know how to register in another way on SMF. Also, there is not a panel to configure settings so I am a bit lost and wandering at this point. The good news is that there were no problems with the installation. I really need to finish this today so if you see this please get back to me ASAP. Thank You. TCrowe

I also tried logging out and tried that email again and got right through. Please get back to me. My site appears to be wide opened. I will delete your plugin and reinstall once I get some help here.

shagimuratov
Administrator

Unread post by shagimuratov » 08 Mar 2015, 11:19

Hi,

I am sorry for late reply. Did you fill the Access key in extension settings?

Any way, could you please send to me your board URL? I have to find your account at cleantalk.org and check the registration form by myself. Thank you!
WBR
Denis Shagimuratov
Project leader